Friday, January 8, 2010

Does social networking sites provide a sense of community or cause social isolation?

I am doing an essay for media studies and i want to know what you all think about social networking sites. Do you think they are good or bad?


Provide personal experiences if you wish, i just basically want to know do you think sites such as facebook etc are bringing us all together or isolating us all because we are sat on our own computer in our rooms.


Please reply thanks xDoes social networking sites provide a sense of community or cause social isolation?
I am a disabled person who is stuck in bed for long hours at a time.A few months ago a friend of mine got me involved with Face book,since i joined facebook it has opened a whole new world to me.I am now in contact with family members i have not seen in a lot of years,2 of them just over 30 years.Facebook has opened up a whole new world to me,besides the contact with family members theres games etc.I dont feel like i am alone anymore when i am on facebook.Unfortunately at present i am having problems with facebook,i have had 4 warnings and been blocked from commenting on news feed.All i have done is wish friends happy birthday,say hi to my niece and respond to request for help for a game called vampire wars.They have threatened to permanently delete my account,I wish they would sort those out that use fowl language etc on the news feed..The downside of it for me is losing my facebook account for nothing,and losing contact with my family..hope this helps you.AlanDoes social networking sites provide a sense of community or cause social isolation?
Made loads of new friends on my MySpace pages http://myspace.com/2875jim and http://myspace.com/jimobasa


I am 54 and met my wife (51) on MySpace


It is only teens who misuse MySpace to harass, bully or threaten each other thereby getting MySpace a bad press and causing concern in the minds of parents when their kids begin asking if they can have a MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment