Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it safe if I run the security camera cable power, video and audio wire inside the drywall with isolation?

I have a security camera with all in one cable power, video and audio and the adapter says out put 12v. I'd like to run around the houseWhat kind of cable should I used to be safed? (not fired)Please adviseIs it safe if I run the security camera cable power, video and audio wire inside the drywall with isolation?
It should be as long as you get UL rated cable. This means the wire is insured not to start a fire. I know of a place you can get wire that is UL rated. The company is called Security Cameras Direct. They have siamese wire. This is RG59 coax with 18/2 wire attached to it. This allow you to have 1 cable for video and power. See the link below.Is it safe if I run the security camera cable power, video and audio wire inside the drywall with isolation?
I do not have the electrical code book, but I don't see how it could be a violation to run 12 volts at low amperage along with a couple of signal wires inside drywall.

No comments:

Post a Comment