Friday, January 8, 2010

Which is worse isolation or being abused?

Which is worse being by yourself for many years or being abused, raped, tortured, and humiliated by everyone around you for many years?Which is worse isolation or being abused?
Being abused.


There are several different ways to be abused.


And you can become traumatized in many ways.





Where to isolation you just have to have a strong mind and will.Which is worse isolation or being abused?
I'll take isolation any day. I think that they both go hand and hand in a sense. The reason I say that is because the abuser makes you not think too highly of yourself. Then you have no self esteem because of the physical and verbal abuse. Then the isolation comes in because you don't feel you should be around anyone and stay to yourself. If you are going through this you need to get help. Get out of there as soon as possible. Good luck.
Being isolated- when you are abused you'll probably develop some emotions such as anger or sadness but if you are isolated you'll end up an empty, unfeeling shell that if your lucky you'll have negative feelings.





but then again if you are being abused by everyone as said in your question, then i guess it doesn't really make any difference because you are isolated in some way in each situation.





just my opinion %26lt;3
Both are horrible to go through and upsetting, no doubt about that. Also, a person experiencing either can develop trusting problems.





I can't really decide which is worse =/


Isolation Cons:


-Distrustful


-Lack of social skills


-Depression





Abuse Cons:


-Distrustful


-Paranoia


-Lowering of self-esteem
just because one person is mean you don't need to be on you own, my ex-husband was a wife beater and broke my hand wrist and arm and used me as a punch bag on many occasions, i felt like that for a long time and have been on my own for 7 years and last year i got together with the most fantastic man who is 20 years my senior and i love him with all my heart. the right people will come along - don't give up - i nearly did but it takes along time to trust again
I like being by myself..as in, no one around. If I was the last man on earth, I'd be a lot happier than I am today. I don't want to be raped, I don't want my eyeballs drilled with power tools, and I don't want to have pictures of me taking a dump spread across the internet.


Again.
It depends on the level that both are going towards. However, isolation does very, very strange things to people. People go into isolation in prisons completely healthy for example and end up with all types of different mental disorders.
Very sad question- if this is you than I feel it is time to talk to someone about what is happening. Either is not a healthy outcome. Please don't think you are alone- there is help out there just reach out and talk to someone you may trust.
Well if your referring to jail then perhaps with the right care and treatment


it's a better position to-be in. Usefully people who find themselves in jail come from a violent upbringing.








Then again why the serious question?
I'll take the isolation any time. One can find ways to enjoy even that but there is no way to escape abuse and the after affects.
Isolation is the worst form of torture for human beings because, we need human contact to survive.
Being abused is worse. Loneliness can be overcome. Abuse messes you up bad.
I've been through both abuse AND isolation...I'll take isolation any day.
There is alot more worse things in this world than being alone.
being by yourself!
abuse
abuse is far worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment