Friday, January 8, 2010

How do i know when the time is right to put my pregnant mollie in the ';isolation box';?

first i would like to know how i can tell if shes pregnant, shes a mollie and i heard they reproduce fast, she hides alot. so when should i put her in the box so the other fish dont eat the babies?How do i know when the time is right to put my pregnant mollie in the ';isolation box';?
When she looks round and plumish, If she has been with males then yes she is pregnant and they reproduce evry 4-8 weeks, I really dont suggest puting any fish in a breeder/isloation box as it causes MAJOUR stress on the fish, And can and does on some ocasions result in stilll born fry (babies), dead babies and sometimes a dead mother, A mollie is rather large to be put in a breeder box, I only suggest guppies in boxes (well i dont suggest any fish in them.) I suggest you just provide lots of plants (fake or real) and let the babies hide, After all the do reproduce every 1-2 months and you will be over run with babies so just let nature takes its tole and let some babies be eaten.





At the end of the day its up to you if you put the fish in the breeder but put your self in the fishes position, Pregnancy is allready difficult, Never mind puting them in a small 3 x 6in box,





~ GGHow do i know when the time is right to put my pregnant mollie in the ';isolation box';?
I don't bother with such nonsense. My mollies live and thrive and breed in massive numbers in my planted 55g tank. I'm sure a few fry get eaten but thats life. The weak, deformed and stupid ones turn into snacks, the healthy, fast, smart ones stay alive.
  • cosmetics makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment