Friday, January 8, 2010

What companies manufacture class I-division I fire rated isolation valves?

Class I Division I implies that it is in an environment that frequently has combustible material in the vicinity. If you are aware of any companies that manufacture such valves, I will call them up and do the rest of the legwork to see if they can fulfill our needs.What companies manufacture class I-division I fire rated isolation valves?
To answer the question better depends on what type of valve is required.





A few manufacturers that come to mind are, DeZurik, Apollo, Fisher (Emerson process), Flowserve and Asco.What companies manufacture class I-division I fire rated isolation valves?
You seem to be asking about NEC Class 1 Div 1. If so, are you asking about the devices that control the valve or the sealing portion of the valve?





The type of valve does matter because control valve manufacturers like Fisher can produce valves that are complete and can meet Class 1 Div 1 requirements. Some other valve manufacturers do not make valves complete with actuators or other controls. These features are added by others.





Control valves such as Fisher are not fire rated.





The use of Class 1 Div 1 to address the fluid containing ability of any valve simply isn't done. You can get valves that meet API and other ratings similar to the ball valves at the site below.

No comments:

Post a Comment