Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Christians, if a group of you were stranded in long-term isolation without Bibles, would you try to write one?

Think nuclear holocaust, just a group of several hundred to repopulate the Earth and no Bibles survived. Would you try to record the Bible as you recall it, or would you let future generations do without?Christians, if a group of you were stranded in long-term isolation without Bibles, would you try to write one?
I'm sure God would pick at least one of us and guide us to rewrite the Bible word for word.Christians, if a group of you were stranded in long-term isolation without Bibles, would you try to write one?
Go the oral tradition, of teaching lessons to the next generation with words, and symbols and song. Show the emotion and truth of making way too many bad choices.





Perhaps it will be told how Coyote finally landed a nuclear device, and leveled it against his cousins.





We would learn of how men's greed brought us here, and how we must be content people who are tenders and care takers of this planet.





Our people must go about the Earth as guests, not brutal task masters.
There have been many occasions when Christians have put their memories of the Bible on paper. Because the memorizing of scripture is something that has been important to Christians for generations, isolated groups have been able to preserve large sections of the scriptures without any printed Bibles to work from.
I'm not a Christian, but I would write down everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, I know. Physics, mathematics, Hindu philosophy, Sanskrit, all the history I know, my life up to that point, etc, basically everything I know.
THAT is what memorization is so important. Because you can never know when the bible might be taken from us. I do have some verses memorized. NOT near enough but with others who have the word memorized we just might have the bible recorded in our hearts.


Gods word is profitable and IT Never comes back void.


It accomplished all it was intended to.


And how long has it been since you read the bible and God told you, SON%26lt; I LOVE YOU?
I would get together with a bunch of other Christians and do my best to write the scripture that i know. For scripture that i can't quote word for word, i would probably say ';words to this effect'; maybe. I dunno... interesting question though
I'm not sure I could remember who begat who, but I'd definitely make an effort. Besides, I'm not one who thinks the text is inerrant anyway.
Too much pretending. Whatever happens in the future, I would trust the God of the Bible in any case over man and his diviancy. God has shown me more through his Spirit than I have learned in the Bible anyway!
God would tell us what to do.


If he wants the Bible 'recreated' then he will tell us so and we will translate it for future generations, just like the original Bible.
I don't think it is possible for this to happen, nevertheless... I would try and recall as mush as possible, yes.
Trying to write the Bible from memory, never mind making paper from scratch, and ink and a pen from scratch would be quite the task


I don't think writing it in the sand is an option.
Neither ... just like the current one, I leave it ALL - the entire project within the hands which wrote it [inspired it] in the very first place and who can make the prophesies therein, a reality.



I would rely on devotion to the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Yeah, ill make sure its another version called the CPV


(Cherry picking version)
lol They would be too busy arguing about which translation and faulty memory.
Nah. I've already got it memorized.





Ppppfffttt..hahahahahahahaa!!
Lol. Seeing as how everyone is so sure they hear form jesus that would be interesting.
I would write it, and everything would make sense.





No offense to Jesus, but no parables.
they are happy believe Jesus is Son of god almighty and is God almighty at the same time
No





won't need to.
It is written on my heart so I wouldn't have to try I could with the help of GOD.
What? the EMP destroys paper too?
Isn't this the theme of Orwell's 1984?
no, God would give us one

No comments:

Post a Comment