Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What are the phsycological effects of long term loneliness, and isolation?

depression and emotional immaturity unless youre the type of person that prfers isolationWhat are the phsycological effects of long term loneliness, and isolation?
Early Alzheimer's. If you don't get out there and stay busy...What are the phsycological effects of long term loneliness, and isolation?
anxiety, sensory illusions, or even distortions of time and perception
Man is a social animal. Sorry for the cliche, but that's what came first in my mind.


Regarding Isolation, you know, its just not the same with every one. It's different for different people. It also depends on what circumstances one is isolated. Either by force, or by will.


Again, has the person always been a loner? If not, it will have drastic effects on a highly sociable person to experience long term loneliness.


It also depends on what degree of isolation. Is a person locked in a room with no humanly contact? Is a person living/residing in a lonely hut on an abandoned area?





Psychological effects will range from acute depression to paranoia. You can read it up on the Internet. Also, the person could develop serious schizoid disorders, including illusions or schizophrenia.





My psych professor once said that a human is only human, because of other humans.
Good Question for the past year I cut off all my friends and mainly just talk to my family sometimes.I like to do everything alone I even have a job where Im alone.For the past month of two I have been paranoid to the point where when I leave the house I allways carry a gun.And I also notice I have symtoms of OCD I just find myself doing things the sameway and little stupid things bothering me that never did before.sometimes I think im going crazy.
hallucinations anxiety attacks problems with impulse control and self-mutilation are some of the things that u get from being isolated
i think you generally forget how to interact and communicate with people

1 comment:

  1. **a human is only human, because of other humans**

    I have problems with isolation myself for the moment, I know I got that problem and I want to change it for the better. There is friends out there who calls me and want to do go to town, watch a movie but I have turned of my phone.

    I dont know it just feel like I stay becuase I feel this is the best for me but maybe today and tomorrow but I can not be like this for ever that is something I understand but not acting as strong as I should be..

    We will see I will do something .

    Thanks for the text
    Take care

    ReplyDelete