Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are there any negative affects to social isolation if the person is doing it out of preference?

For example, I used to have 0 friends from June of 2005 until May of 2006. Since May, I have aquired some, but I have realised I enjoyed my life more when I had no friends.


Has isolation affected me psychologiacaly in any way, and will returning have any effect?Are there any negative affects to social isolation if the person is doing it out of preference?
There is a proverb that says -';One who isolating himself will seek his own selfish longings against all practical wisdom he will break forth';





So I guess since that proverb remained to this day--it might have some truth to it.





Only you can truthfully answer that and you must have ';good'; reasoning power. Often one who has isolated himself has invented his own justification for everything. Which is different from others views of what is proper.Are there any negative affects to social isolation if the person is doing it out of preference?
I get along better with loners...being a loner myself...we know how to socialize without being overbearing...and when to make an exit.





I like people...but I like being alone better.
Be yourself. Yourself may adapt in time. All depends upon experience.
Some people don't need social stimulation to lead a satisfying life. Just enjoy what you are doing and stop worrying about your monthly progress through the calendar of events. I need my ';alone times'; too, and I'm totally cool with it.
If you enjoyed your life better with no friends then by no means, have no friends. Just make sure that you realize it could have been a bad choice of friends and there still could be some out there that might be worthy of your friendship.
no
The only person who you can say its okay is a person who is either meditating or is at peace with themself while enjoying their surroundings
Not necessarily. In some cases, isolation can exacerbate mental illness by detaching these people from outside reality. People who are clinically depressed or schizophrenic probably shouldn't be alone too much. However, if you are just a lone who is happy alone and able to function in your life, I'd say do what makes you happy. I know I definitely need to have me time and I don't really have a need for a large circle of friends and I think I'm doing just fine. Only you can determine what is best for you.
no
we all need friends. they upllift us and give us new ideas and just plain entertain us when we are down. it is not healthy to totally isolate yourself. you will not be challenged or stimulated. you may also have gifts you can share with others. If you prefer social isolation there is usually an underlying problem that needs resolving.
You're just that kind of person who prefers doing things and being alone. nothing wrong with it. though don't try to be ultimately isolated, or as you said will affect you psychologically. good enough, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment