Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can social isolation and having know one to Communicate and make laugh and feel?

secure really damage use what ever age we are and if people know some suffering from this why do people around them not do something about itCan social isolation and having know one to Communicate and make laugh and feel?
Being rejected can completely be dangerous to a person's all around well being,both short %26amp; long term,since humans are supposed to be a social species. The failure for someone to connect with anyone of value,can mean lost opportunities,inability to have relationships of any kind, not having even ugly chics want to have anything to do with U;etc!Can social isolation and having know one to Communicate and make laugh and feel?
I think it can damage people, because it merely adds to their already low self esteem and sense of failure and lack of secure identity. Secure identity, I believe, is developed though interaction with all sorts of people.





I find it difficult to befriend people such as you describe. They look away, they make me feel unwelcome. Being a sensitive person, I take this to mean, Not Interested' when it really means, I am shy. But it is offputting and difficult to then proceed.





And also if the person is isolated, we usually do not see them. I tend to assume they want to be that way.
I think I understand the question. I think social isolation, and lack of human contact causes serious, un-repairable damage to people. I know this because I spent most of my young life in isolation (for reasons I'm unable to divulge).





Until I was freed and went into college did I realize I was emotionally and socially handicapped. To this day, in my mid 30's, I have trouble opening up. I can't make new friends, and I spend most days interacting with no-one unless I have to. And for some reason I (unknowingly) project a message that signals others to leave me alone.





I'll give you a good example of what I'm talking about. I started with a new company 6 months ago. There are at least two hundred people in my office, and I sit next to the main entrance. People say hi to me as they walk by, but they never stop to chat, or invite me out to lunch. Even the people who work right next to me, in my same department don't include me in their activities. They will order take out for me when they do, but when the food comes, they all head out to the lunch room and don't invite me with them. I don't know why, but there is something about me that has always forced me to be the outsider, the misfit. I have tried being more outgoing, but it gets me nowhere. Counseling and medication has not helped me progress at all. It's like I'm the outcast, the leper, the man in the bubble, and I can't get out.





But I got off easy, because a friend of mine who experienced the same thing now only sits in his parents basement (he is 36), watches TV and uses the computer. He doesn't have ANY social contact, because he CAN'T. It's too painful.





It's not the way I want it to be, it's just the way it is.
Uh. I *think* this is what you're getting at:


';Does isolation have any negative effects, and why don't people help those who are isolated?';





If that's the case, let me explain.


I knew a kid in high school who was very shy and would only talk to me and one other person. I tried constantly to bring him out of his shell and would invite him places where my friends were, but he would never leave his house. I even tried setting him up with girls. I honestly can say I tried my best to help this kid but all he would ever do was complain about his life and never fix anything. Apparently he was beyond my help. People need to want to change.
Social isolation can completely destroy some people, people who are vulnerable to things like depression and suicide, people who are isolated socially can feel worthless and like they have no purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment