Saturday, December 26, 2009

My glove broke when i was in an isolation room for MRSA, what are the chances of me contracting the infection?

I am a nursing student and today I had a patient that was in isolation for MRSA. While making a bed, my glove broke and my skin was exposed. I did not notice right away and may have touching items in the room. There are no cuts on my hand in that area. What are the chances i will get the infection?My glove broke when i was in an isolation room for MRSA, what are the chances of me contracting the infection?
the majority of hospital heathcare workers are colonized by MRSA bacteria - as long as it doesn't get in your bloodstream (via a cut) it is perfectly harmless.





The reason a MRSA positive patient is under contact precautions is to prevent transmission via healthcare workers, and other staff to other patients.





As long as you washed your hands afterward you are fine.My glove broke when i was in an isolation room for MRSA, what are the chances of me contracting the infection?
Well if you work at a hospital you probably are already a carrier for MRSA. I don't think the chance of getting it is high though.
Did you wash your hands afterwards?





The risk is minimal.
  • cosmetics makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment