Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Whats the best noise isolation headphones that i can buy to avoid any ear damage from jet plane noise?

hi .my job is a plane valet and im dealing everyday with airplane noise.And im looking to find good noise isolation headphones to avoid any possible ear damage from the plane noise.as im working on the outside of the airport.Please help me.Thanx.Whats the best noise isolation headphones that i can buy to avoid any ear damage from jet plane noise?
When I did line work I stuck with a set of earplugs on a band that holds them tight in your ear. They didn't work amazingly well, but they were the easier to use than standard ear plugs, and not as bulky as headphones.





if I knew I'd be out for extended time, or if something particurally loud was coming in (GII and GIII's are ungodly loud) I'd take a set of headphones. I found inexpensive headsets to be enough protection.





I would not recommend any consumer anr headsets. First off, they are expensive and they will get trashed out. Secondly, they are ment to reduce low level noise, they do their job well but they aren't made to work well standing in front of a jet. You could go with some aviation headsets, they will work but you'll pay $500-$1000 for them.





Get a set of comfortable headphones and don't worry about it. If you're working at a commercial airport, those jets aren't all that loud and earplugs or headphones will do just fine.Whats the best noise isolation headphones that i can buy to avoid any ear damage from jet plane noise?
5 Stars !!!!!!!!!!! Report Abuse

I recommend that you just use standard ear plugs. Anything that is really great at keeping out sound, or worse yet using ANR to cancel the sound can get you killed.





You need to know where the dangers are, and your ears should be a great source of information.





Frankly, I'm surprised that your employer/airport will allow any ANR technology on the ramp.
Just buy a crappy cheap set...and turn the MUSIC up...





As long as it's NOT rap

No comments:

Post a Comment