Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is done with blood pressure cuffs in isolation rooms?

I am a nursing student, and I've always wondered, what happens to the blood pressure cuffs that are in isolation rooms? I've heard about disposable blood pressure cuffs, but do all facilities use them? And let's get real, I can imagine that in order to be cost effective, they use the same ones over and over again. If you work in ISO, please note that :) and if you can, the facility! If your facility has guidelines, please let me know! Thanks!!!What is done with blood pressure cuffs in isolation rooms?
where i work there are disposable cuffs for portable vital signs machines......but there are also wall cuffs/bp taking device......the wall cuffs are cleaned w/solution proven to kill common hospital germs.........the rooms are sanatized to a greater extent than nonisolation rooms......it would be nice if they were all super sanatized.....im not exactly sure of the protocol for cleaning of isolation rooms because they are cleaned by environmental services......What is done with blood pressure cuffs in isolation rooms?
I'm pretty sure they are sterilized. As for the other questions, I'm not sure.
  • aveeno cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment