Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can to much isolation make a person have a emotional breakdown?

Can a person lose there mind if they feel empty and extremely lonely inside for an extensive amount of time? Could the person start crying?or even feel suicidal?Can to much isolation make a person have a emotional breakdown?
Of course. Isolation can be troublesome to a small degree or a big degree depending on the circumstances and exposure.





I certainly don't think a person will ';lose his mind';, at least not permanently, but isolation from others for people and many many other animals is very abnormal and your body/mind will respond to that.





Fortunately the body and mind are very resiliant plus we have more self help resources than ever now days.





I think commonly, suicidal thoughts, (unless combined with misused drugs), are often from seeing ';no way out'; and wanting to escape the suffering.





If one sees no way out then he may not realize that there actually IS a way out.





Being isolated, depressed, and suicidal is a foggy situation but do one or two small things toward getting out and you will eventually see daylight again.





And one will probably find out... There's a lot to experience in life and that life is probably worth living after all.Can to much isolation make a person have a emotional breakdown?
yes its called depression. loneliness can cause it
OH yes, I have been there before. My friends are so lame and toxic, I just decided to be alone.I have experienced ALL of these things. I dont think I have felt suicidal b/c life really could be SO much worse.





Just remember you HAVE options. You can go and seek out friends. You can do some volunteer work. At least you can use a computer. There are some old folks in any senior center who would love to know how to use the internet..They could use your help.





If your feeling lonely...your not doing enough to contribute to society. This WHOLE generation is looking to gain.....What do YOU HAVE TO GIVE. Start making plans to give more of yourself.We feel like this b/c we have isolated yourself now get up and GIVE something to someone. Whether it is your time, your skills. Start giving more and u will feel valued,loved and needed.
yes if u are all by yourself all the time and have no connection to the outside would you will become severly depressed and eventuallly break down and have serious depression problems trust me going down that road myself along with other issues!!
What is important here is , environments, thought processes, physical condition, emotional stability, stress level etc.





Many persons seek such situations to think and write, to be creative, to be inventive. And many persons in similar situations just do the opposite. The difference between then is the mental acceptability of the situation at the onset.





A person with disturbed and stressed emotional conditions will beak down and do what you mentioned in your question, but a person with balanced mind will convert the situation into an opportunity.
I guess it depends on whether that person chooses isolation and if its their preference. Speaking from experience, I have always been isolated, but that was only because I enjoyed being alone, and hated company. Then again, that was me. However, if they don't consider isolation as enjoyment, and in their eyes, it is more like treatment, yes, they would start crying. Several factors get thrown into this, such as social problems, peer pressure, family problems, etc. Obviously, if they are gonna have a breakdown, it's definitely gonna be over a problem. After all, how many people you see out of the blue, crying over absolutely nothing. Not many, I suppose. But first, it think it all depends on their intentions as well as the story behind separating yourself. In my case, I have always been a strange child, and isolated myself for no apparent reason.





I guess it can be connected to what happened at Virginia Tech. (not that I sympathize the killer or anything, but I think isolation probably had something to do with it)
yes, isolation and withdrawing can also lead to drug use.

No comments:

Post a Comment