Saturday, December 26, 2009

If people can get rid of MRSA, why are you under contact isolation after you had only one positive culture?

my daughter was born very extremely early and had one positive culture for MRSA, she is now always under contact isolation in the hospital every time we go...which is frequently. I have now contracted MRSA on my chin, and also on my leg...so is my daughter colonized with MRSA and what the hec should I do?If people can get rid of MRSA, why are you under contact isolation after you had only one positive culture?
It's very contagious and potentially very serious. Tell your daughter's doctor that you have it too. You need to take medication right away.If people can get rid of MRSA, why are you under contact isolation after you had only one positive culture?
She is a carrier of it. She can make other people in the hospital sick with it if they do not isolate her. She needs 3 negative cultures in like 3-6 months before they will not isolate her anymore. Just because she is a carrier doesn't mean she will end up getting sick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment