Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can to much isolation make a person have a emotional breakdown?

Can a person lose there mind if they feel empty and extremely lonely inside for an extensive amount of time? Could the person start crying?or even feel suicidal?Can to much isolation make a person have a emotional breakdown?
Well, there have been less issues that make people suicidal. So, I guess that this could be a possibility. However, if you want to fall strictly within the normal limits of the mind, no, I would say that's a stretch.Can to much isolation make a person have a emotional breakdown?
I used to work on Rikers Island as a Suicide prevention Aide. There were people who have been isolated for years. They were all crazy but none never committed suicide
If the person was physically isolated yes, we're social beings, physical isolation doesn't make us happy.





As far as emotional, no. The feelings you are describing are depression. You may have a problem nagging at you that you have buried instead of dealing with, so it's causing you to have negative feelings.





I suggest dealing with the underlying problem that's causing you to feel lonely inside and suicidal.





If the suicidal thoughts continue or become worse, then seek professional help. At the very least call your local crisis number.
Possibly. Humans were not created to exist alone, but to need other people, to meet their physical and emotional needs.
Yes, I have been alone since I was 12.No I did not run away. Mother thought I would be ok if she didn,t have a babysitter while she worked. I am insecure, indecisive, I don,t trust my own judgement and I have socializing problems. If you have feeligs of suicide go to the hospital.DON,T THINK ABOUT IT JUST DO IT!
Yes-isolation can cause all of these problems. Look at the prisoners that they put in isolation. Many of them ';crack'; from being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment