Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is isolation the best environment to bring out creativity?

what do you think?


b/c a lot of great writers were isolated an they ended up writing the strories they did.Is isolation the best environment to bring out creativity?
A lot of great authors/poets/artists also suffered/suffer from depression. It's because of all of the tragedies that went/go on in their lives. They both mentally wounded/wound them, and spouted/spout creativity.





The road to visual and literary artdome is a sad one, one filled with isolation and sorrow. Not that isolation is always a bad thing- it may be filled with wisdom and self-discovery, if you let it be.





That doesn't mean that you can't get inspired while surrounded by people. I get my best ideas for poetry in public, for example, not in private.





Different people get their creativity from different things. Isolation doesn't work for everyone.Is isolation the best environment to bring out creativity?
I believe being around people is the best way to bring out creativity. All those book writers who became famous were good at it because they once were around busy/filled environments full of creative items. Or they have at LEAST seen them through their bedroom window or on their T.V. screen. Hence they got a bigger perspective on what people are interested in and they can be more creative themselves.


So, in my opinion about your question, I would say no; isolation isn't the best environment to bring out creativity.





Thank you and I hope this fulfills your wanted answer. -Paige
I don't think being isolated is necessary... but I do think that you have to set a time every day when you will work on your creative project.





I's not isolation, it's determination that will make the difference. But you must remove yourself from things that allow you to dawdle and ';waste'; time, such as Yahoo answers!
It depends on how you isolate yourself- around four walls, or out there, with hundreds of strangers passing you by every minute. Snippets of conversation, smells, tall buildings, and blue skies. You have to watch, watch everyone. And if no one watches you, you are invisible.


I isolate myself like this all the time. And the ideas flow out like water, and onto paper.
tehy were alone so they invented a time adn space to occupy their time adn a great story came...








i love to be around people, they are inspiring for me.. to see alll of the dfferences together
I doubt that thats really a consistant thing with all greats, though. I'm sure there are just as many writers that prefer the opposite of what Nathaniel Hawthorne did.
Personally I prefer to be around new exciting environments to spark creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment