Saturday, December 26, 2009

Every night I become overwhelmed with a feeling of loneliness and isolation.I get very anxious and can't sleep?

I've been on 30 psych meds through the years for depression, anxiety and insomnia. I'm a 37 year old male. I just feel like there is nothing worth living for. I'm not going to commit suicide, but often feel like death would be a blessing of sorts. Any ideas on how to overcome this? A decade of shrinks and GP's and all that has happened is I've become addicted to the drugs they prescribe.Every night I become overwhelmed with a feeling of loneliness and isolation.I get very anxious and can't sleep?
You mention you've tried shrinks and meds... didn't they help a little bit? If so, try again. ';If at first you can't succeed...';





Other than that, I'd suggest ending the night with a treat. So if that's Twinkies for you, have a Twinkie or do a crossword or indulge in a guilty pleasure (flipping through people magazine), but only reward yourself when you're between the sheets. If you really enjoy that treat, hopefully you'll start going to bed just to have it.





Another option: do you have anyone close to confide in? If so, enlist that person to call you at whatever o'clock and talk to you while you're getting ready for bed. Only hang up when you're between the sheets and about to turn the lights offEvery night I become overwhelmed with a feeling of loneliness and isolation.I get very anxious and can't sleep?
Get a beagle and learn how to play the banjo. Steve Martin says you can't be sad when playing the banjo.

No comments:

Post a Comment