Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Overcoming Loneliness - How To Overcome Loneliness and Isolation?

I believe there are answers to overcoming loneliness. I'm just trying to find the one that works for me. Thanks for reading.Overcoming Loneliness - How To Overcome Loneliness and Isolation?
1. Love yourself first before you expect love from the world. Every relationship begins with the one you have with yourself





2. Reach out to the world... One person might be alone, but two's company. There's someone out there who needs you as much as you need him or her





3. Let go of your inhibitions, concerns and 'past experiences'. Drop all of that pain from your shoulders. Free your mind, breathe in the freedom and do something that liberates your soul





4. Understand that loneliness (like happiness) is a state of mind. You could be lonely with a dozen people around you, but might find blissful solitude with just yourself or a cherished partner





5. Get a pet, engage yourself in voluntary activities, help someone out in a small way... Take every day as it comes. Realize that you're a precious, wonderful and beautiful gem in the immense constellation of life!Overcoming Loneliness - How To Overcome Loneliness and Isolation?
well i like to be alone it brings some sanity and peace of mind but my theory of loneliness is that you were born alone, you will laugh alone, cry alone and die alone. to overcome loneliness, i think is first be happy with yourself and once others see that you are happy they will want to be around you because of your happiness so therefore you will not be alone because you will have thm around you. i hoped i answered you question
for me solitude is pure peace. you can do what ever you like when ever you like. there is no one to rattle your nerves.


going out for a diner alone is the ultimate in luxury. order what you like without any comments and enjoy eating with out constant conversation.


begin to realize that other people really do not add to a good quality of life but in many ways complicate your life.


I love having a woman in my life, but not all the time.


enjoy others company for short periods . but not need it.


change your attitude to enjoy and reflect on your own experience
I used to be lonley when I was younger %26amp; now I see I wanted to be alone cause I like my own company the best. I studied something called Science of MInd, which says we are all connected %26amp; one. Now I can see that people don't really die so I feel connected with everyone %26amp; everything in life. So I am not lonely. I also have built up a group of people who are my support group. I can call them up anytime %26amp; they give me a lift %26amp; I would do the same for them. I met them at place that studies ';science of mind'; called a religious science church it is for people of all religions or none who just believe we create our lives by the thoughts we focus on. Some people I have known wanting more connection with people %26amp; they did what it took to resolve that. You didn't mention why you were lonely but sometimes it is resovled by being with others %26amp; sometimes it is within you no matter how many people you are around. This teaching also teachs you how to change things like this. Get the book. ';you can heal your life'; by Louise Hay or call a Religious Science church %26amp; see if someone can help you. If they charge %26amp; you can't afford it let them know %26amp; they will help you. You can do this over the phone. Do an internet search.
Everyone needs something to hope, someone to love and something to live for. Find that special someone (or something) who doesn't just reflect you but also extends you in some emotional way. Look for fulfillment in that one person or thing, and your world will begin to grow.
It's been said that to befriend oneself means to never be lonely.





I say, find an identity. That is, find something that isn't a human that brings genuine joy into your life.





We as humans need people, but are sometimes in bad social situations. I am sorry.
go places where people are. Be outgoing even if you dont feel like it. Start up a conversation with a random person, who knows maybe you two could be friends! and if not, try someone else. Getting a pet might help you not feel so alone as well.
The only cure for that is to get out, get involved, meet people. Try to be open to new friendships. Be the one to make the first call, organize events.
Do volunteer work, clubs, organizations, telethons, marathons, libraries, etc. You need to get out ,meet people and network. Good Luck!
I would not know. I am lonely and isolated as well. To be honest I dont really know if there is a cure at all. All I do is write and sometimes that helps!








E-mail me if you feel lonely





alexlindsay35@yahoo.com
Keep yourself busy with hobbies or things you love to do. I have recently taken up walking with my mp3 player...........great health bennies and good music and thought time to boot!
socializing helps


if you cant socialize in real life...socialize on the web


there are chat rooms and message boards...look at them as step one

No comments:

Post a Comment