Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why and how does isolation cause dementia in human beings and is this true in your opinion?

why and how so?





do you have to be a certain age or not for this to happen?





for example, even if you are 20 or 30 years old, if they isolated you for long enough, would this cause ';dementia'; to develop you reckon?





for example in the movie ';Castaway';.





why and how so?





Thanks for your answers!Why and how does isolation cause dementia in human beings and is this true in your opinion?
Dementia is not caused by isolation, it is caused by biological changes in the brain, usually associated with aging, such as clogged arteries supplying blood to the brain. This is different than Alzheimer's...which is a ';plaque'; that covers the brain, early onset in the 50's, later the 80's. You can also see the same behavior with brain tumor's....dementia like behavior.....depending upon where the tumor was located. Any age person can be diagnosed with a brain tumor. Brain tumors are fast growing, usually not malignant, and not painful. (psychologist)Why and how does isolation cause dementia in human beings and is this true in your opinion?
Because people are social creatures. We have the NEED to have other people around us. To be isolated is to remove a need. The same way if it's too hot your need to maintain homeostasis is fading away. And just like isolation when you're too hot your body attempts to fix the problem by sweating. well isolation works the same way. Your mind attempts to fix the problem by implementing dementia in order to defend that social need. I doubt you need to be a certain age unless you were isolated from birth in which case I'm not sure since you wouldn't know other people exist. You should look into Maslow's Pyramid of Needs I believe it was called. I haven't looked at it since my freshman year in high school so it's fading away now so I can't really explain it to you but you should look into that.
I lived 8 years alone (with my dogs) in nature and I went thru a lot of changes. At one point I was lonely, at another point I felt unlovable. But I came out the other end a very strong woman who is happy in my own company and doesn't need anyone to ';MAKE'; me happy.


Now I live in a city and I feel very balanced. I feel that it depends on whether a person is imbalanced to begin with as to if they lose it or not in isolation. I have often thought I'd love to have my own little planet with a few well chosen dogs and I'd be delighted. A bit like ';The Little Prince';.





That being said, there are various forms of isolation. If I had been locked up in solitary in jail I would have lost it. In my circumstance I was able to go out for walks or a drive.





I could have had human contact if I wanted it.


I think it helps to have choice.





Humans are pack animals. Usually we need others to bounce ideas off, to depend on for various needs, and to be responsible for.





In an isolation tank where your senses are deprived, we learn what is left after you get rid of the senses. But leave a person there for weeks? I don't think it would result in a happy person.
When you read through these answers keep in mind;


';you cannot separate the mind from the brain.';





In other words, the mind's thoughts and functions are physically effected by the brain and visa versa, when the mind stops functioning the change (or lack of stimulation) is a physiological occurrence in the brain.
its all true. you can be any age, especially YOUNGER victims, to get demetia. 20 and 30 are indeed victims if casted away. its easy to understand. if one is isolated, they have a chance of getting demetia. end of story.
It is said that dementia has its roots in intelligence.


The smarter you are the lass likely you are to suffer this.


What happened to Tom Hank's in Castaway was madness, not dementia.
  • cosmetics makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment