Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Does prolonged social isolation cause more social desire or less?

If a loner (by nature) leads a solitary life for many years - would this cause that person to desire people more, or less over time?Does prolonged social isolation cause more social desire or less?
I am close to this situation myself. I find that I am neutral. That is, I don't crave human contact any more or any less given the isolation. I prefer being alone, but not socializing for a while does not make me miss people more, and socializing actively for a couple days does not make me prefer isolation any less. A big part of this is that I have overcome the negative physiological response to the hormones that our bodies produce as a response to isolation and embarassment. As a result I don't fear society and don't flinch upon hearing the opinions of sheep who question my choices in life.Does prolonged social isolation cause more social desire or less?
That depends on the person. Some will desire it more, some less. Are you talking about yourself?
  • cosmetics makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment